The Church will be open for personal prayer: Monday thru Friday from 7am until 1pm. Please see the link for the letter from Fr. Evans regarding resuming public Mass. May 2020 COVID 19 letter
While our parish activity is suspended for the time being, weekday Masses have resumed at 8:30 A.M. in the church (not the chapel for safety and health precautions). Weekend Masses have also resumed. Please note that during this pandemic, we will not be having a public 6:00 P.M. Mass on Saturday due to the time needed to sanitize the church between Masses. The 6:00 P.M. Mass will be celebrated privately as the videotaped Mass for the weekend. During this pandemic our new weekend Mass schedule will be: Saturday at 4:30 P.M. , Sunday at 7:30 A.M., 9:30 A.M., 11:30 A.M. Due to sanitizing requirements, visitation hours in the church will be from 7:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M. on Monday through Friday, we will not have visitation hours on the weekend.
Here are some general guidelines for the Masses:
- Those who are at risk with pre-existing health conditions, have met with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19, running a fever or not feeling well should remain at home. It is not a sin to miss Mass if you are sick or taking care of sick people.
- The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect. The Easter duty obligation is extended for a period of one year from the end of the Easter season 2020.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask when they enter the church. If you do not have a mask or forgot yours, please ask an usher to provide you with one. Please keep the mask on at all times except for the brief time that you consume Holy Communion.
- Congregational singing is discouraged as it can contribute to the spread of the virus.
- Masses will be celebrated in such a way as to respect the six-foot social distancing guidelines currently in place; we will block off every other pew.
- We will omit the Sign of Peace and we will not distribute the Precious Blood.The faithful are obliged to wear a mask upon entering the church and during the celebration of Mass.
- The diocese encourages those who receive Communion on the tongue to consider receiving in the hand.
Please observe social distancing, wash your hands, stay at home if you do not feel well, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. The Church will be cleaned and disinfected daily before opening. Please do not use the Chapel.
The Parish office will be open (subject to change) during this time as follows:
Monday thru Friday from 9 am until 3 pm; Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Please continue to support our Church, School and Parish programs. Contributions may be mailed or dropped off at the Parish office. ( A Drop off slot is located to the right of the main door) An online giving option has been added. We also offer an automated giving option. We ask that you pray and lean on your faith during this difficult time.
ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS are CANCELLED until further notice.
More information has been posted on the Diocesan website: www.dioceseofcleveland.org/information-and-guidance
Childcare & Preschool
Holy Family Childcare/Preschool reopened on Friday, June 12, 2020 with limited enrollment due to COVID-19 guidelines. Please contact Ms. Rene Buchtel at 440-886-4717 to register.
The ODH provides the following information outlining precautionary measures that people should take. These precautions are the same commonsense hygiene precautions recommended to prevent the flu, including:
- Avoid close contact with sick persons.
- Cover mouth/nose with tissue/sleeve when coughing/sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing/sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth after touching objects.
- Practice good health habits (clean home, adequate sleep, healthy stress management).